The Good Book Company are republishing from creation to new creation in the UK today. Here’s a summary of the book:
Sometimes it’s hard to see the wood for the trees. Running through the many gripping and memorable stories the Bible contains is one big story of God’s plan for the world he made, and how he brought it about through Jesus Christ.
Packed with diagrams, illustrations and timelines, this accessible Bible overview unlocks the storyline of the whole Bible – how God promised and then brought about the plan to save our fallen world. But this is no book of arid theological ideas. It is a story that will encourage effective, active Christian living in today’s world.
Looking at God’s covenantal promises with Abraham, Moses and David, Tim Chester presents the ‘big picture’’ of the Bible and helps Christians understand the part in relation to the whole. From Creation to New Creation traces different elements of the promise and introduces:
• A people: God’s promise to save a people who will be His people
• A land: God’s promise to provide a place of blessing
• A king: God’s promise to re-establish his rule of freedom and peace
• The nations: God’s promise to bring his salvation to all the peoples of the world
2. The Promise of a People who know God
3. The Promise of a Place of Blessing
4. The Promise of a King and a Kingdom
5. The Promise of Blessing to the Nations
6. Conclusion: Blessing and Curse