My latest book is out this Friday: The Ordinary Hero: Living the Cross and Resurrection published by IVP. Here’s an outline. I’ll post a couple of sample chapters in the coming days. In the meantime here a ‘wordle’ of the book and the video I made describing the book is below. You can purchase copies from Amazon .
Part One: The pardon of the cross – humble confidence
1. How do you know God loves you?
2. Will God’s love stand up in court?
Part Two: The practice of the cross – sacrificial service
5. The way of Jesus = the way of the cross
6. Everyday martyrdom
7. The value of Jesus
8. The way of the cross = the way of joy
Part Three: The pattern of the cross and resurrection – suffering followed by glory
9. No glory without the cross
10. Bondage followed by liberation
11. Hiddenness followed by revelation
12. Suffering followed by glory
Part Four: The power of the resurrection – power to be weak
13. Resurrection power, freedom and life
14. Power to be weak
15. Freedom to serve, life to die
16. The Spirit of resurrection
Part Five: The promise of the resurrection – adventurous hope
17. A renewed world of life
18. A world of justice, joy and love
19. A world worth living for and a world worth dying for
20. The adventure of hope